The Dermott Historical Museum, Inc. has been a working progress since 2002. The Grand Opening was July 21, 2007. On Opening Day, the Dermott High School Class of 1952 had their class reunion. The museum has an extensive collection of photos and information on the Dermott area founding families, World War II memorabilia, house hold items, farming and work tools and business equipment.
A red, 1936 Dodge Fire Truck was given to the museum by the Dermott Volunteer Fire Dept. A group of firemen moved the fire truck to the museum in August, 2005. The fire truck was purchased by the city of Dermott in 1936 and was driven from Indiana to Dermott that winter by ” Frog” Parker and Joe Kirby. It is the first pumper fire truck ever owned by the city.
The museum is currently seeking people that have a long association with the Dermott area for oral history interviews. Please contact Janice Parkerson at 870-538-3496 or Nancy Jolly at 870-538-3509. Hours: Tues & Thurs 2-5 p.m. Address: 215 E. Iowa, Dermott